Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chettipunyam Colony



I went to the Chettipunyam Colony this past Monday with the medical group.  This was a really neat colony that wasn't very big but I was able to meet one of the 11th Standard girls' mother and actually one of the boys future intended wife. She was about 2 years old and as cute as can be.   They wanted me to take pictures of her so I could take back to him.  She is the baby at the end of the post that is crying with Amy.  Let it be known that it wasn't YAmy's fault- the little one was just scared of Benson and his beard.


This lovely little lady is Mary.  She is carrying at at home care kit that she refills every time she comes for treatment.  These bags were donated and are being used all the time.


When she came in we instantly gravitated to each other.  She would pat my cheeks with her hands and kiss my cheek.  Her first station was to remove the bandages which were stuck onto the skin.  It was painful for her so I stayed with her, holding her hands and helping her move from station to station.  The last station was the removal of ulcers and the whole bottom of her foot needed attention.  She made me go look at it so I could see what was happening but I quickly moved back to her side.  The pain for her was no doubt painful and there where times where she did cry out, but when I started to cry for her it was her comforting me while I tried to comfort her.


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

I will never forget my little sweet Mary.






These are our drivers:  Vel (left) Anandan (right)





Patients are given the drugs that they need until the next scheduled visit which is about every two weeks I think. 


Benson stop looking at her!



After we were finished with the colony we went to a little shopping area and got some food and they had a little bakery there.  I was in there about 5 min before I noticed the door



What up my Sodexo peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment