Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thinamum Kuli

Thinamum Kuli means "bathe daily" which is sound advice living here. Here is a short tour of the bathrooms here.  Before you think a "squatter toilet" or a bucket shower are scary or strange... they really aren't that bad.  It's all good and I'm not just saying that.


Squatter  Toilet 


Bucket Shower

I also got out the good camera today and started taking some pictures around the Elephant House where I live.  Below is the view from the roof that is overlooking the cistern, Walk of Hope and the School Building. To the right is the soccer field and the track.





We eat dinner every night on the roof with the volunteers that are here for the 1-3 week programs. Its really nice on the roof because there is always a breeze. We talk and share our highs and lows for the day.  Day 1 seems to be the day where the low is always the heat.  Don't worry, I'm on day 4 and it seems to be getting better.


Our  Elephant by the front door.


View from the kitchen to my room that is behind the pillar and up to the roof canopy.

Part of my responsibility as the Sponsorship Director includes maintaining the Sponsor board in the Volunteer Hostel. With a team effort I was able to update and add to the board.  There are so many kids that need sponsors, so if you are interested  click the link at the top of the page.  


The kids are coming back this weekend.  Everyone here on campus is impatiently waiting for them to finally get here!!  Let's get this party started!!

1 comment:

  1. Callie! I just read your blogs and I love them, and love you. Just like they are having a positive influence on you, your energy is going to rub off on them and positively influence them! Can't wait to hear more!! :)

    ReplyDelete