Friday, May 25, 2012

Maampazham

The Rising Star campus is covered with Mango (Maampazham) Trees that are heavy with fruit.  I've had a little while I've been here and they are slowly getting more ripe.  I'm told that when they get ripe we might get some monkeys on campus.  I hope they don't come because I plan on eating every single one of these on the trees if the kids and others don't beat me to it.


This morning was absolutely beautiful so I went to so sit in the sun for a little bit.  Before I went out I made sure to grab my water bottle that I put in the freezer.  Now not all freezers get cold enough to freeze things so I put my bottle in there with that in my mind.  Well when I went to get it this is what I have... a popcicle.  The water expanded in the bottle and pushed the stopper up and the water filled the plastic cap and froze. It was a happy treat for me this morning.  Ice water, sun and a nice breeze. 


Here are some other random pictures over the past few days. 

Me planking on the roof before dinner.

This is Karthik.  He and his three brothers came in to do some English testing before school started. Berlyn and I were the lucky ones that got to play with them the whole morning they were here.

This is Moorthy and his Annnnan (older brother) Ashok is in the back taking his test.  Moorthy is so sweet and is such an acrobat.  He loves to flip and pop and bounce everywhere.  You will see him standing on his head or hands rather than his feet.

The kids start coming tomorrow and we are all anxiously waiting for them.  We can't wait to play!  

No comments:

Post a Comment